Friday, May 20, 2022

The Love You Denied Her

"Blood is thicker than water.",
that's what he told her;
at least before things started to falter;
she grasped and he was not there..

Life was happy and simple;
I ran, slipped and he stood me up as I stumbled;
And though I may have always fumbled
He used to be proud to say I'm bright and nimble..

Those were the days when it was just him and me;
He felt he didn't have a choice so he held on to her memories,
And yes, that was through me
All along I thought it was because he loves me.

Well that's what I supposed
And I didn't mean to impose
But I came from him like the bud to rose
And when they got back together, I was disposed..

Pillows and blankets with my cold tears;
I have hugged them for years;
Through and through piled up the pains and the fears,
Until now my heart begs for love but no one hears..

Cuddles here and there,
From friends and touch and go lovers,
But none of them would sober
The love you denied her.

 -- Snowfire

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Love You Denied Her

"Blood is thicker than water.", that's what he told her; at least before things started to falter; she grasped and he was n...